Ryan White Program
The Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program provides a comprehensive system of care that includes primary medical care and essential support services for people living with HIV who are uninsured or underinsured.(HRSA) Here at The Brody School of Medicine East Carolina University-Division of Infectious Disease (ECU-DID) we are the primary provider for HIV care in eastern NC.
Our clinic is located in Greenville, NC, which is approximately 90 miles east of Raleigh, NC and 100 miles west of the Outer Banks, NC. Our catchment area includes 30-counties in eastern North Carolina (ENC) which is predominantly rural, with limited to no public transportation, and 12% to 33% of residents live at or below poverty level.
ECU-DID is a ‘One Stop’ University clinic that provides several core and supportive services: primary HIV medical care, substance abuse and mental health counseling, medical care coordination/medical case management; medication treatment adherence provided by a clinical pharmacist; gynecology care for all non-pregnant women, and peer-led prevention for positives support groups.
Interim Ryan White Program Director /Interim Ryan White Program Administrator
The Ryan White Program offers a variety of core medical and support services for people who meet specific eligibility requirements. To be considered Ryan White Eligible (RWE) the following conditions must be met.
- Patient must be HIV Positive
- Proof of NC residency
- Proof of Income – is less than or equal to 300% Federal Poverty Level
Documents you need to bring to office
Proof of Income
- Most recent paycheck stub (showing year to date income and deductions) and copy of Income Tax Return for the previous year
- Most recent paycheck stub (showing year to date income and deductions) and last paycheck stub (showing year to date income and deductions) for previous year
- Most recent paycheck stub (showing year to date income and deductions) and Form W-2 for previous year
- Most recent paycheck stub (showing year to date income and deductions) and Form 1099 for previous year (or most recent earning period if 1099 is not yearly)
- Most recent Social Security income letter
- Documentation of other sources of income (e.g. Unemployment)
Proof of North Carolina Residency
- Copy of valid NC Driver’s License or government-issued identification card with name and home address
- Copy of a utility bill or lease with applicant’s name and current address
- Anything with applicants’ name and home address or the Ryan White Part B & HMAP Declaration of Residency (clients will be expected to provide a preferred or other acceptable documentation of residency by the next renewal period)
Proof of Insurance or Medicare/Medicaid
- Copy of insurance card(s)
- If there is an insurance cap, letter/summary from insurance company or specific proof from the insurance policy
- Copy of Medicare card (If income is at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, client must apply for Social Security’s low-income subsidy (LIS) also known as “extra help”
- Copy of Medicare Part D plan card (this is different from the Medicare card)
- Copy of Medicaid card
If you have any questions please contact one of the Ryan White (RW) / HMAP Case Managers.
RW Eligibility/HMAP Coordinator
To schedule an intake appointment or to be linked to care at the ECU Adult Specialty Clinic you may contact one of our Linkage Retention Coordinators at 744-5187 or 744-4500.