Apply for Fellowship
All fellowship applicants must have completed an ACGME-accredited Internal Medicine residency and be ABIM board-eligible
All applications must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Candidates must be registered with the National Residency Match Program for participation in the fellowship matching program.
Only individuals with J1 visas can be considered for training, and all international medical graduates must be sponsored by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates.
The myERAS application should include:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal Statement
- applicants for the ID/CCM position should explain their reasons for obtaining training in both subspecialties
- 3 letters of recommendation, including one from the Program Director; a 4th letter from an intensivist should be submitted for ID/CCM applicants
- USMLE/COMLEX Scores (all 3 steps must have been passed prior to beginning training)
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- ECFMG Status Report (for International Medical Graduates)
- Licensing Information an Board Eligibility/Certifications (if applicable)
- Citizenship status
ECU/ECU Health Remote Fellowship Interviewing 2024-2025 Academic Year
We will be reviewing applications for Clinical Infectious Disease track beginning July 31, 2023, and will be scheduling virtual interviews on Wednesdays, starting August 9, 2023, through October 18, 2023. The platform that will be used for the interviews is WebEx. Additional information with details of the interview process will be sent to applicants after review of the ERAS applications.
Please browse our Graduate Medical Education website to become familiar with salary and benefits offered during fellowship.