Welcome to the Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition
The Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition in partnership with ECU Health Medical Group strives to offer the most sophisticated and caring services available for the diagnosis and treatment of a wide variety of digestive symptoms and disorders. Our clinical services are provided through ECU Health Medical Group at ECU Health Gastroenterology-Greenville.
The East Carolina Endoscopy Center (ECEC), located at 521 Moye Boulevard offers endoscopy for colon cancer screening and for diagnosis of both upper and lower GI symptoms.
Our faculty also provides advanced endoscopic services for Vidant hospital such as endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) and ERCP endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP). We utilize technologies such as capsule endoscopy to evaluate gastrointestinal bleeding and esophageal manometry to evaluate swallowing disorders.
We believe in a comprehensive coordinated approach to patient care, and we work very closely with other specialists including surgeons, radiologists, nutritionists, and pathologists. These services are provided through ECU Health Medical Group at ECU Health Gastroenterology-Greenville.
Our academic fellowship is administrated by the Brody School of Medicine. Training physicians in the field of Gastroenterology is an important part of our work and mission as a Division.
We strive to provide patients with multidisciplinary care in the following areas:
- Acid reflux and screening for Barrett’s esophagus
- Colon Cancer Screenings
- Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis
- Dysphagia/Swallowing disorders
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Liver disease including Fatty Liver Disease, Autoimmune Disease and Viral Hepatitis
- Nutritional disorders including obesity, malabsorption, and Short Bowel Syndrome
- Pancreatico-biliary disorders including ERCP and stent placement
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy including treatment of GI bleeding, laser therapy, capsule video endoscopy, and specialized enteral feeding access